Art Materials Case Study
About the Project
It is a brand serving in the field of art materials, which includes materials for traditional arts such as calligraphy, marbling, illumination, and miniature as well as restoration, gold leaf, painting and certain hobbies. Since the day the brand was founded, they have been aiming to ensure seamless product supply by keeping the stocks of their products at the maximum level.
Through the works implemented within the scope of the project, we have managed to take the website to the first page of the search results for over 1000 keywords listed in organic searches. You can find the details about the project below.
Here’s What We Did
We have started working on this project in 2019. In the sections below you can see the most important actions that we have taken while providing our SEO assistance services to the brand.
E-Commerce and Blog SEO Works
As examples of the works in terms of e-commerce SEO;
- Organizing and optimizing the category tree,
- Optimization of category and product pages,
- Formation and optimization of category descriptions,
- Site-wide technical improvements,
- Custom works for specific product groups that the brand wants to be at the foreground,
- Technical SEO improvements specific to e-commerce sites,
- Off-site SEO works.
Through these actions, along with the growth in the SEO value of the e-commerce site belonging to the brand, growth in the number of organic visitors, boost in rankings and many other accomplishments have been gotten.
Category Tree Improvements
We have listed the processes we applied in the category tree optimization process on an e-commerce site in general terms below;
- Analyzing the existing category tree,
- Detailed analysis of category trees of specific brands in the same vertical or intersecting marketplaces,
- Analyzing the products and product groups that the brand is selling,
- Determination of new category pages that are worthy of creating for the brand we work with and that hold promise for an increase in organic visibility when created – We determine this according to the internal and external competitor analyses that we make specifically for the brand,
- Presenting our new category suggestion list to the brand team we work with and getting their approval,
- Detection of erroneously or incorrectly listed products in existing categories, except for when opening new categories,
- Giving recommendations by contacting the brand so that the products are in the right categories,
- Determining and closing down the categories that may damage the site or that have low value,
- Making 301 redirects to the most appropriate pages of the categories that were closed initially or in the following months.
Specific Works to Intended Categories
Due to the fact that there are more than a hundred categories and more than a thousand products on the website we have worked on, with such a prioritization, maximum benefit and revenue growth has been acquired.
However, as Seorative, we assert that site-wide practices are necessary and we work accordingly. We think that the potential of SEO does not totally manifest itself with works done by simply choosing 2, 3 or 5 target keywords.
In addition to applying site-wide practices, we also apply custom works to certain pages that we pick by considering the words or pages that the brand attaches special importance to.
The Off-Page SEO Works
We have listed the operations we have done during the off-site SEO work in the project in general terms below:
- Analyzing the backlinks that the website already has and the link building tactics it has used,
- Determining risky or potentially harmful backlinks,
- Reporting harmful or risky backlinks to Google with its tool for disavowing backlinks (Disavow Tool),
- Analysis of industry-specific off-site SEO strengths and backlink metrics of competitors who rank at the top or on the first page for the target keywords.
- Following the industry-specific backlink analysis, a special analysis of the backlinks of some prominent competitors and the link building tactics they have used,
- Determining the link building tactics that can be used for the website we are working on after the analyses,
- Approval of the link building tactics which are planned to be implemented by the brand,
- Implementation of approved link building tactics throughout the service process.
Technical Development Process
We have listed the steps we have taken in our technical optimization process in general terms below;
- Identification of areas and situations where the site is faulty or can be improved in terms of technical SEO,
- Notification of detected shortcomings or potential improvements to the software team,
- Notifying the software team or the software developer about the necessary follow-ups for them to perform the technical development processes on time,
- Defining the order in which the developments we suggest will be done, in a way which ensures that they provide maximum amount of impact in the fastest manner.
- Inspecting the technical developments applied to the site,
- Following the integration of the suggested technical developments, the identification of new technical developments and then the repetition of the process,
- Continuing the work until the site is flawless and most optimized in terms of technical SEO.
Ready-Made E-Commerce System
Today some brands use ready-made software packages or platforms as well as their own custom software or scripts made by software developers. Each software or platform has its own advantages and disadvantages in terms of SEO processes.
The e-commerce brand we provided services for was using one of the ready-made e-commerce platforms. We have implemented the technical developments and content developments with the brand’s team while staying within this platform.
- As a consequence of our SEO works, we have acquired a 110% growth in organic traffic compared to the previous year, except for the homepage (i.e. traffic from brand words).
- Within the extent of the project, we managed to carry the rankings of more than 600 keywords to the first place and more than 1000 keywords to the first page of the search results.
- We managed to grow the number of monthly organic visitors to 40,000 and higher from 20,000.
You can click on the image for a clearer view.
Other Case Studies
We have grown the organic traffic of this newly launched brand, which did not yet have traffic, to over 1000 per month in just 9 months.
We achieved consistent and regular growth in the organic traffic of the Building Catalogue, which is quite successful in its sector.
We increased the number of organic visitors to 5000 per month with our work, which we started with this leading home textile brand, which had no organic visibility except for brand keywords.